Econoday’s Mark Rogers provides a look at key economic announcements for the US. This week: Signs of improvement in the US economy.
Econoday reports, available on TradingScreen’s award-winning TradeSmart EMS, provide alerts on upcoming economic announcements, and jargon-free analysis of their potential market impact. Mark Rogers, Senior Economist for U.S. markets, has over 19 years of experience with the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta as an economist and forecaster for national and regional economies.
Click to learn about getting access to Econoday’s economic reports on TradingScreen.
- Real GDG growth for Q4 revised down sharply, but on-target, and overshadowed by positive home sales. (0.23)
- Manufacturing: Distracting headline number, but strong excluding transportation. (1.58)
- New orders were solid despite the brutal winter: Is a rebound on the horizon? (2.49)
- Weather delayed congressional testimony from Yellen: Hedging her bets on the economy. (3.57)
- A Ukraine effect and the spillover on the US economy: Barring a major escalation, the effects are minimal (5.00)
- February employment report: Weather effects leave the numbers under a wet blanket (of snow). (7.00)
- The unemployment decline and its effect on the taper: Lower participation or real improvement? (7.53)
- Tip from the pro’s for Friday’s numbers: Keep your eye on private aggregate earnings and manufacturing production hours. (9.11)