Video: Mark Rogers on the US Economy — Week of October 28, 2013
Econoday’s Mark Rogers provides a look at key economic announcements for the US this week.
Econoday reports, available on TradingScreen’s award-winning TradeSmart EMS, provide alerts on upcoming economic announcements, and jargon-free analysis of their potential market impact. Mark Rogers, Senior Economist for U.S. markets, has over 19 years of experience with the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta as an economist and forecaster for national and regional economies.
Click to learn about getting access to Econoday’s economic reports on TradingScreen.
Key topics for this week:
- Fed giving attention to labor market – 00:15
- Past employment report quite disappointing – 00:44
- Big jump in industrial production, “extremely good” – 01:22
- Expectations for manufacturing component may be too high – 02:40
- Manufacturing sector continues to struggle – 03:14
- Quantitative Easing intended to boost asset prices: equities and home prices – 03:58
- Growth in housing sector: fundamentals are still positive, but not in the mode for strong growth – 05:57
- Fed began practicing exit strategy with small tests of reverse repo operations – 08:02
- December FOMC likely the last policy meeting presided by Ben Bernanke – 10:34
- Retail reports: what to expect – 11:40